De Gea ready to snub Barca and stay at United




The Young Spaniard last night vowed to snub Barcelona and stay at Manchester United.
David De Gea has been linked with a move to the Nou Camp to replace contract rebel Victor Valdes.

He said: “I know things have been said and written but I have a contract. I’m very well in Manchester.

“It is not just my name that appears. At Barca, Valdes is still the keeper and Madrid is my city, one day I’d like to return.

“But now I hope to stay in Manchester for a long time and win a lot of titles.”

The 22-year-old has come under enormous pressure since joining English giants in July 2011 but paid tribute to boss Alex Ferguson for helping him to live with the criticism.

He added: “Sir Alex is more than a manager. He controls everything in the team. He’s a father for all those who come to the club. For that he is the best.”

De Gea’s recent form has been brilliant and he has been called up by Spain National side.

Vicente Del Bosque’s  team have a World Cup qualifying double header at home to Finland tonight and away in France on Tuesday.

De Gea said: “A footballer has to get used to good and bad words.

“At times things are said that don’t make a lot of sense and it is part of the job to know how to live with that. The best thing is to know who you are always.”

SOURCE: THE SUN FOOTBALL


No comments:

Post a Comment