Vito Mannone Joins Sunderland for £2million


The Italian ended an eight-year stay at Arsenal to sign a two-year deal at the Stadium of Light.

Mannone will compete with Ireland goal keeper Keiren Westwood for the No1 jersey following Mignolet’s £10m move to Liverpool.

The 25 year-old made just 15 first-team appearances for the Gunners having had loan stints at both Hull and Barnsley.

Mannone said: “I waited a long time for an opportunity like Sunderland and for me it is a great one.

“I’m very excited. I am here to work hard and to show what I can do. The potential of the club is incredible.

“I have come from a big club but to be honest I don’t see any difference in the facilities.

“From what I can see on my first day they are brilliant.

“To have good facilities where you can work and improve is something every club wants to achieve.

“The base is there and I am really happy to be here.”

Mannone is Di Canio’s sixth new signing this summer and joins Valentin Roberge, Modibo Diakite, Cabral, David Moberg Karlsson and Duncan Watmore in Paolo Di Canio’s revamped squad.

SOURCE: THE SUN FOOTBALL


No comments:

Post a Comment